Fiol Law Group represents clients in central Florida who have suffered serious brain injuries. If you or a loved one recently sustained such an injury, contact us. It is essential to know your rights and options for legal recourse after another party causes a brain injury, so consider the following information and contact our firm to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.
Understanding Brain Injuries
Many types of accidents can result in traumatic head and brain injuries. Brain injuries can include:
- Impact wounds
- Penetrating injuries
A traumatic brain injury can have unpredictable effects, and the symptoms and recovery process are unique to each victim. It can be very difficult to predict the effects a brain injury can have, so it is difficult to know the extent of the economic impact from a brain injury without professional assistance.
Some of the most common causes of brain injuries are:
- Sports accidents
- Construction injuries and accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Oxygen deprivation, such as a drowning incident
- Infant abuse, specifically shaken baby syndrome
- Anesthesia errors
- Interpersonal violence or intentional torts such as assault
Damages in a Brain Injury Lawsuit
If another person or party caused a brain injury to you or a loved one, it is important to connect with a reliable brain injury attorney as soon as possible to start building a case. A successful lawsuit for a brain injury can yield significant compensation.
- Medical expenses.
- Lost income. A brain injury may force a victim to miss work, and he or she can claim the wages lost in that time as damages in the lawsuit. If a brain injury prevents the victim from ever working again, he or she may be able to secure compensation for lost future earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering. Brain injuries have the potential to cause life-altering problems, and a plaintiff can receive compensation for the physical pain, mental suffering, and emotional distress resulting from a defendant’s behavior.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer After a Brain Injury?
Even if a case seems simple, countless possible factors can complicate a lawsuit. Brain injury cases are especially complex and may entail significant damages. The average person with no legal training or experience will probably not have the time, resources, or energy to handle such a case without an attorney. Additionally, many brain injuries will leave victims incapacitated, leaving the responsibility to pursue legal action up to a loved one who may need legal assistance.
Hiring an attorney to handle your brain injury claim not only increases your chances of winning your case, but also increases the amount you will likely receive in compensation. The attorneys at the Fiol Law Group know how to explore every available channel of compensation for our brain injury clients. We understand how devastating these injuries can be so we do not rest until we exhaust every available option for compensation for our clients.
Why Choose Fiol Law Group?
- Our firm is a bilingual law office helping clients in both English and Spanish, and our office is conveniently located in downtown Tampa near the courthouse.
- We have staff available to answer phones 24 hours a day every day of the week so someone is always available to answer your questions whenever you need help.
- Fiol Law Group has been helping central Florida clients with their legal matters since 2002, and we provide personal attention to every case we take.
- Our firm offers free initial case evaluations so clients have an opportunity to find out whether they have grounds for a lawsuit.
Contact Us Today
Every head and brain injury is different. Speak to a Tampa brain injury attorney about the specific details of your particular injury to find out if you have grounds for a case case. If someone owed you a standard of care, breached this standard, and caused your head injury, you likely have a case of negligence. Contact us today for a free consultation.